Profile Facebook Twitter My Space Friendster Friendfeed You Tube
Kompas Tempo Detiknews
Google Yahoo MSN
Blue Sky Simple News Simple News R.1 Simple News R.2 Simple News R.3 Simple News R.4

Friday, November 25, 2016

Windows 10 takes the biscuit

Like baked-bean-flavoured crisps and Caramac biscuits with the lines on top, it appears I may be saying a fond farewellto an old favourite of mine: Windows 7. Compared to Vista, XP, 2000, 98 and 95, Windows 7 has bought stability, ease of use and an operating system that gives a user just enough options to do what needs to be done.

This is unlike Windows 10, which looks more like Microsoft Word with the addition of extra rubbish and bits you don’t need, and links to find what you do need just like in a ‘Hidden object’ game. But unlike my favourite crisps and
biscuits of the 1970s, I aim to keep using Windows 7 long after it has been removed from the shelves. I have just purchased two new
Socket 1150 motherboards, Core i5 CPUs and RAM. 

After a quick test, they will go into storage, ready for the day when my current PCs expire. They may even last until I myself am just part of the ether-net. Windows 10 is today’s equivalent of overly flavoured chilli Mexican cardboard bites and those horrible American biscuits that begin with an O.

D A Simms

Related Post:

Widget by [ Iptek-4u ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 - All right reserved